- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Advanced Sensor Engineering Department (ASED) is a group of engineers and scientists actively engaged in developing the next generation of remote sensing systems of national importance. ASED members develop and test prototype sensors, model system performance, explore new phenomenology, and assess the performance of Electro-Optical (EO) and Infrared (IR) components through modelling and simulation.
• Model EO/IR sensor, system, and spacecraft performance.
• Work with other members of the team to define and implement testing of EO/IR systems and components.
• Image and data analysis
• Document and present findings to colleagues and customers
• Travel as necessary to support customer requirements (< 10%).
• Advanced degree in, Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering, or appropriate technical discipline from an accredited university.
• At least 12 years of relevant engineering/scientific experience.
• Experience with data analysis and modelling of remote sensing EO systems or the development or modelling of spacecraft sub-systems.
• Project leadership experience.
• Strong scientific programming skills: Matlab, C, IDL, Python, etc.
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
• Current TS/SCI
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top