Requisition ID: 42422
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Systems Performance, Estimation and Algorithms Department (SPEAD) performs algorithm development and evaluation as well as concept development, systems engineering and architecture analysis support for national security space customers. The selected candidate will provide analytical support, systems engineering and architecting, and modeling and simulation support for government customers in space situational awareness (SSA), space protection, and missile warning/missile defense (MW/MD). The selected candidate will interact directly with government customers as well as Aerospace program office personnel in the Colorado Springs area and collaborate closely and mostly remotely with Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) and program office personnel in El Segundo, CA, Chantilly, VA, and other locations.
- Provide technical expertise and project leadership in the modeling and analysis of SSA and MW/MD sensors and systems and their broader system-of-systems architectures
- Conduct a range of analysis using a framework of SSA modeling, simulation and analysis capabilities including in-house, custom and commercially available/government provided modeling tools
- Analyze electro-optical (EO), radar and passive radiofrequency sensor concepts, to include physics-based modeling of visible, infrared (IR) and radar signatures of targets and backgrounds
- Compare performance assessments of architecture variants and conduct trade studies on specific sensor capabilities, locations and quantities
- Provide independent assessments and lead studies with teams of analysts derived from the most capable government/Federally Funded Research & Development Center/Systems Engineering Technical Assistance/contractor sources
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or other related technical disciplines
- 8 years of applicable experience
- Eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- Basic understanding of EO/IR and/or radar sensors, statistics, signal processing, and orbital mechanics
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, including Java, Fortran, Python, Matlab, or C++
- Experience in modeling, simulation, analysis, and algorithm development
- Good interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government, Aerospace, and contractor personnel
- Demonstrated technical leadership ability
- Advanced technical degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or other related technical disciplines
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Strong background in statistics, estimation theory (especially as applied to target detection and multi-target tracking,) signal processing, and resource allocation (local/global scheduling)
- Broad working knowledge of current and planned SSA and MW/MD sensor architectures
- Broad working knowledge of SSA operations, including sensor tasking and scheduling
- Experience in infrared, visible, and radiofrequency phenomenology, to include visible and infrared radiometry and radar cross section modeling
- Experience working with one or more of the major government organizations in the mission areas including the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP), Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Extensive knowledge of the breadth and depth of ETG's technical capabilities; current customer base with the ability to support from Colorado Springs
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Engineer, Java, Aerospace, Physics, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top