Senior Space Technical Analyst
- Reston, VA
Requisition ID: 55662
All Locations: Reston, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) Space Threat Assessment Cell (STAC) performs long-range forecasting and intelligence integration for space and counterspace threats to National Security Space. We are looking for a Space Technical Analyst to provide direct support to the Director and Deputy Director of the STAC in establishing processes and procedures to optimize resources to meet mission needs and integrate into existing intelligence analytic processes. In this role you should be comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with direct interaction with the customer.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive awareness and understanding of current and developing threats to U.S. national security space architecture and commercial systems.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive awareness and understanding of current and developing threats to current and future U.S. national security space systems, architectures, and overall U.S. space superiority.
- Review and evaluate multisource intelligence information and identify and articulate key threat issues and their impact on customer concerns
- Build and maintain relationships with other intelligence community and national security space organizations
- Travel as required to contractor locations, government facilities, and other Aerospace offices.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 12 years experience
- An understanding of current and evolving space threats.
- Proven success demonstrating personal initiative.
- Understanding of the national security space environment including people, organizations, infrastructure, and capabilities.
- Extensive experience interacting with senior government leaders.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills to write clear and concise intelligence products along with an ability to work with other analysts, and customers in both leadership and supporting roles.
- Must have a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics from a recognized institution
- An strong understanding of current and evolving threats to US space systems.
- A working-level understanding of the analytic process and the IC organizations that produce space-related threat intelligence.
- Past experience within NRO, IC, SMC, or DoD especially in the area of space control and/or counterspace intelligence analysis and reporting.
- Experience in space policy, space strategy or military-related sciences
- In-depth knowledge of how space policy issues are deliberated and decided upon at the national-level; e.g., National Security Council
- Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate classified systems/data sources, and leveraging intelligence community capabilities in support of customers.
- Direct experience in space systems engineering and architecting in support of space survivability and space control
- Experience in military or intelligence community space operations.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Military Intelligence, Laboratory, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Science, Aviation
Back to top