Senior Space Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 48943
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Vehicle Design and Innovation Department within the Architecture and Design Subdivision provides vehicle system engineering and programmatic support for its customers. Though the emphasis is placed on upfront system engineering, feasibility design and analysis, and concept development, VDID staff provide end-to-end system engineering support throughout a program life cycle. The selected candidate possesses experience applying and managing vehicle system engineering processes and tools throughout the lifecycle of space vehicle programs. In addition, the candidate will possess broad experience in leading and working with multi-disciplinary teams and organizations.
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary engineering teams in the development and analysis of space vehicles
- Lead and participate in conceptual and preliminary design studies of space systems
- Evaluate spacecraft design and architecture concepts
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide vehicle system engineering support in the execution of customer programs
- Work with government and program office personnel and members of ETG
- Develop tools and models that support spacecraft design and analysis activities
- Mentor junior members of the department
- BS degree in relevant engineering discipline, science, or a related field
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to change, and demonstrate initiative under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work on a wide variety of spacecraft systems engineering tasks from concept development to launch
- Experience in developing, leading, and working on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience in concurrent engineering tools, processes, and methodologies
- Demonstrated technical spacecraft analysis and design support for feasibility studies, architecture analysis, and business case assessments
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong, demonstrated personal initiative
- Current TS/SSBI clearance
- Advanced degree in a related STEM field
- Extensive use of MS Office and other computer applications, especially in support of space vehicle design and analysis
- End-to-end execution of CubeSat/microsat missions
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Flight operations experience
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Back to top