Senior Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 40286
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Software Products and Integration department. This group is responsible for full life cycle software engineering, development, and software architecture support to the Intelligence Community (IC) including:
- Providing increasing software and system acquisition, architecting and engineering expertise to intensive space and ground systems, which contributes to 100% mission success.
- Working with integrated centers across geographically dispersed offices while growing to meet new demands.
- Leading and participating in software development, policy, standards, research, education, and technical community activities.
- Working with various phases of program and software life-cycles (e.g., formation and evaluation of requirements, systems and software architecture, design, development), and other related areas.
- Working closely with geographically dispersed staff to provide on time deliveries of milestone critical solutions / deliverables.
- Providing software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Independently conducts long-range technical studies and reports findings ranging from embedded systems all the way to cloud computing. Initiates studies designed to solve new technical problems and provide new solutions.
- Provides ongoing technical consultation and advice to management, customers, and contractors in area of specialization
- Developing high performance software for servers and/or GPUs
- Development of software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing
- Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
- Providing mentorship and training to junior level technical staff.
- Will often lead organizational teams and interface with customer and Aerospace program offices. Acts as organization's designated representative at technical meetings, presentations, and symposia.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline is required
- 12 or more years of hands-on experience designing, writing, testing, and fielding software systems or web-based applications
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, C/C++, and/or C#
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior and C-level staff and strategic customers (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Active security/top secret clearance
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience supporting space and defense related customers
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top