Senior Software Acquisition Engineer
Requisition ID: 41121
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for an experienced software system engineer and software acquisition expert to join our growing Software Systems and Acquisition Department. Our national security space customers need your help to acquire cutting-edge software capabilities to adapt to the evolving technology landscape!
Successful candidates will assist customers with these types of engineering functions:
- Supporting acquisition of software-reliant systems to include development of acquisition strategies, creation of concepts of operation, creation of request for proposal packages, and participation in source selections
- Providing software systems engineering expertise to support effective management of large, software-reliant programs from pre-acquisition planning through source selection, design reviews, integration and test, and early operational testing
- Participating in engineering studies such as software requirements development and flow; software architecture evaluations; software integration, verification, and validation; readiness reviews; risk and opportunity identification, assessment, and mitigation; technology planning and insertion; performance assessments; and/or market research
- Supporting development of enterprise software strategies and architectures
- Researching challenge problems, testing hypotheses, prototyping new approaches, and/or proving concepts
- Preparing technical reports and presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide audience
This position is located in El Segundo, CA. Local and/or overnight travel to other sites is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of significant experience in the development of complex, software-reliant systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline required
- Demonstrated technical background in software engineering across the lifecycle from inception through design, construction, testing, and deployment
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following: software acquisition, software processes & metrics, and/or software assurance
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with one or more SDLC models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Experience leading technical teams and/or mentoring junior personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge of the space enterprise
- Demonstrated knowledge of government acquisition processes
- Demonstrated high levels of innovation, creativity, and initiative
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- Active or recent Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain TS/SSBI and SCI access
- Experience defining and analyzing software processes and/or metrics
- Demonstrated experience working toward the acquisition of software-reliant systems (as an acquirer or a supplier)
- Demonstrated experience on critical, large scale, large team software-reliant systems for space
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile software development techniques, AWS technologies, and/or cloud computing
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Construction, R&D Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top