Senior Signal Processing/GNSS Design Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52082
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software defined radio and FPGA technology to implement prototype digital transceivers, algorithms and geolocation systems. We conduct our own research and development. In this position you can have the opportunity to support communications systems of national interest and innovate in algorithm design. Join us on the leading edge of digital communications development.
Work independently with both internal and external customers and with technical support, as a technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or project leader. May lead or organize technical efforts or project teams. Interfaces between customers and Aerospace technical and management staff. May mentor less experienced MTS and serve as role model.
This position requires the selected candidate to have a strong digital communication foundation and to be extremely hands-on.
- Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving using FPGAs and/or SDRs with applications such as:
- GPS / GNSS receivers & simulators
- Communication systems (high and low bandwidth)
- Image processing.
- Analysis of signal processing performance using Matlab, Python, or similarsimulation environments.
- Prototype cutting edge real-time systems for emulation and proof of concept.
- Research pertaining to advanced signal processing, GPS technology and/or re-configurable communication processing.
- Conduct specialized technical studies, lead internal research and development efforts.
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customersand colleagues.
Candidate will work on a diverse set of projects. It is very important to behands-on, willing to learn and be comfortable in working in an environmentwith engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- More than 7 years of experience since obtaining a bachelor's degree.
- Experience in prototyping of digital communication systems and/or algorithms.
- Extensive knowledge of digital communication prototyping using GNU Radio, X-Midas , etc.
- Extensive understanding and practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- Familiarity with at least two of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++ and MATLAB within Unix/Linux programming environments.
- Strong laboratory experience troubleshooting digital hardware designs using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in the area of digital communications, machine learning or signal processing.
- Experience with working with Linux, and development on a Linux platform.
- Proficiency in Verilog or VHDL, logic implementation, and simulation tools for complex FPGA designs.
- Hands on experience implementing communication algorithms using embedded software, FPGA, SDRs.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Current and active government clearance.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Design Engineer, Embedded, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top