Senior RF Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 44593
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); Herndon, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Resiliency Programs Office is in need of a highly motivated leader to help develop innovative solutions to challenges in RF payload systems capabilities, design, build, integration, test and mission operations for resilient space. Resiliency is a critical mission area across multiple government customers, and instilling innovative mission assurance practices into the programs is a significant role for Aerospace. As a Senior RF Systems Engineer, you will work closely with internal/external customers and mission contractors and coordinate the rapid application of Aerospace expertise to customer challenges. The role includes identifying innovative methods for the use of Aerospace resources to address mission challenges on a timelines consistent with program needs. You will be helping to develop leading edge solutions to survivability challenges and performing multi-domain technical assessments across organizations to provide recommendations to the customer. The resources of the Aerospace backplane will be available for you to use in developing teams for evaluating technical RF requirements, end-to-end system capabilities, mission specific implementation and for executing Aerospace risk reduction activities. The position requires networking with government leaders, contractors and SETA support across the national security space community. Presentations to senior level customers and the Aerospace management team will provide visibility to the efforts of you and your team. Join our team and help us shape the future!
This position is based in Chantilly, VA with moderate travel required.
- Serve as the lead Senior RF Systems Engineer on resiliency missions for a customer involved in leading edge technology demonstrations
- Work with customers and contractors to identify mission challenges, strategize resolutions and prioritize and lead Aerospace efforts to address these challenges
- Develop innovative opportunities for Aerospace prototyping and technology risk reduction activities in support of mission RF systems development
- Utilize the Aerospace Engineering Support Matrix to model, assess and/or trend performance of critical RF mission systems
- Lead and/or participate in cross-program Aerospace teams in support of resiliency capabilities
- Establish and track resource allocations for Aerospace efforts in support of all efforts
- Facilitate communication and act as lead spokesperson to management and the customer on resiliency capabilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science or mathematics from an accredited institution
- Current and active TS/SCI
- Ability for occasional travel within US
- Significant experience and demonstrated success working with a matrixed engineering organization
- Direct experience with RF system capabilities, design, development, integration, test and/or on-orbit operations
- Experience in space system architecture and acquisition
- Experience working directly with contractors and government customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to work in dynamic environment and make significant impact to National Security Space
- 12 or more years of space system and/or hardware acquisition experience that includes technical leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop new and innovative ways to utilize and expand engineering matrix capabilities in support of RF system capability assessments, development, test and operations
- Demonstrated team leadership with diverse groups with experience managing technical risk, schedule, and budget
- Experience in support of US government resiliency program efforts and/or balancing technical risk with schedule and budget limitations
- Technical advanced degree related to technology and/or engineering
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top