Senior ProjectSoftware Systems Engineer - Risk and Assurance Management Engineer (4597)
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 56686
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Software Systems Engineer for Risk and Assurance Management with mission expertise for an opportunity in the Integrated Intelligence Program Office. The Sr. Software Engineer will serve as a technical advisor to the US Government focusing on risk management and reliability/quality assurance of a diverse portfolio of state-of-the art software frameworks and applications deployed into hybrid cloud environments. The Sr. Software Engineer will apply systems engineering, risk and reliability engineering methods and tools to assess software architectures, designs, development activities, integration testing and software release management processes. In this role the Sr. Software Engineer will document and provide insight to the customer on identified risks, issues, opportunities and associated mitigation strategies and corrective approaches to meet technical objectives and schedule milestones. Lastly, the Sr. Software Engineer will coordinate reach-back to Aerospace technical staff to bring industry-leading subject matter expertise to bear on critical customer needs
- Perform and document technology/software risk assessments, recommendations, analyses and trade studies for a diverse set of software frameworks and applications
- Identify and apply systems engineering and mission assurance best practices and processes to enable successful acquisitions and fielding of new capabilities
- Identify/develop standards and procedures to determine software product quality and assess release readiness for a diverse set of software frameworks and applications
- Conduct and/or lead studies of software quality, system design adequacy, and compliance with mission requirements to identify and recommend mitigation approaches for software systems issues
- Assess software development practices, procedures and performance to identify potential bugs or problems that users might encounter
- Review contract deliverables and provide technical advice to program office teams throughout acquisition and software lifecycles
- Research and recommend new tools, technologies, and processes to improve program practices and influence acquisition
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Science, Software or Systems Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Twelve or more years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in one or more modern software programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C, Python)
- Expertise in review and analysis of software design, code, and test artifacts
- Expertise in systems engineering, including risk management and software systems assurance analysis
- Ability to travel occasionally for work assignments
- Current and active TS/SCI security clearance
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer or Information Science, Software or Systems Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Familiarity with government customer acquisition and programmatic processes
- Experience with Node.js, Angular.js, Express.js, MongoDB, or MySQL technologies
- Experience with Agile development and management methodology
- Experience with modern data analytics (e.g. machine learning, data mining)
- SAFe for Government Practitioner (SGP), Security+, or AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Experience with data visualization and user interfaces
- Experience contributing to software-related specifications and standards
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Developer, Computer Science, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top