Senior Project Leader, Strategic Space Operations (SSO)
Requisition ID: 42445
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Strategic Space Operations (SSO) organization within The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Sr. Project Leader to provide analytical support to the SSO, VP. The successful candidate will develop space force designs which defeat future threats, conduct analyses of system performance and force level combat effectiveness and life-cycle cost. The successful candidate will also lead large multi-disciplinary teams comprised of Aerospace, other FFRDE/lab, SETA contractor, and government staff.
- Lead force development for space forces.
- Anticipate and quantify future national security space needs and evolution of aerospace threats.
- Create technical and operational solution concepts to meet these challenges.
- Architect the future force and budget to deploy technically feasible, affordable capabilities with optimal phasing.
- Guide the rapid prototyping and use of models and simulations. Employ these models to evaluate numerous design alternatives, threats and national security challenges.
- Quantify the bounds and probability distribution of technical performance, combat outcomes and cost at both the system and force level.
- At least 12 year's relevant work experience in national security analysis, force development and space systems.
- A Master's Degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in entity-level warfare modeling and system dynamics modeling.
- Extensive knowledge of technology and current acquisition programs.
- Extensive experience in system dynamics modelling and analysis.
- TS/SCI cleared; CI poly preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, subordinates and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex concepts, analytic results and system/force designs into compelling presentations.
- Authored and delivered presentations with brevity and incisiveness suitable for general officer levels.
- Retained sufficient knowledge of underlying technical, operational and analytic matters to offer in depth insights to senior audience.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Aerospace, Operations, Engineering, Strategy, Technology, Aviation
Back to top