Senior Project Leader - Software Systems Analysis
Requisition ID: 43842
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Do you want to be part of team that is recognized for the excellence in space system and system acquisition and engineering? We are seeking out-of-the box thought leaders who would love to play a lead role in the Software Technology revolution happening at The Aerospace Corporation. The Software Systems Quality and Analysis Department (SSQAD) provides expertise in software systems quality assessment, testing, and modeling for customers which contributes to 100% mission success.
- Serve as a thought leader and senior leader to help shape and advance SSQAD service offerings and new capabilities related to software product quality - in alignment with corporate strategies and imperatives.
- Serve as a senior leader to department projects to increase and update software quality assessment skills and service lines, including static code analysis, dynamic system quality assessment, automated test suite development, and software readiness.
- Key coordinator for research efforts to create modern software product quality assessment approaches. Keep abreast of academic and industry trends and standards.
- Spokesperson and leader for software quality in the context of modern software methodologies, including Agile and DevOps frameworks, in both traditional and virtualized, cloud-based environments, coordinating across subdivisions, and across ETG groups as necessary.
- May be given additional coordination and management liaison responsibilities.
- Act as senior mentor to team members, providing technical guidance, assessment and development insight and or recommendations.
- Participate in new business and/or technical planning efforts.
- Define and manage tasks and projects for customers
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related technical field
- Ten or more years of professional experience in science, engineering, or other related fields
- Ability to assess impact of software defects on systems reliability, cost, and schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work well with government senior management and SI/SETA personnel.
- Ability to communicate complex software-related issues with program office personnel to influence needed changes in program administration through written reports and presentation to key Aerospace and government leaders.
- Knowledge and expertise in the application of automated testing methods, software systems reliability, government software deliverables qualification, and analysis of software systems structure, quality, and fit for purpose.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying software engineering principles and practices to software-intensive mission system
- Must have proven experience in working with modern software development and quality assessment methodologies, tools, languages and frameworks as part of a software development team
- Understanding of Aerospace customers' systems, capabilities, and processes
- Demonstrated understanding of agile software development and its application.
- Strong record of successful team participation, leadership, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically diverse teams and build insightful strategies.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- The applicant must be willing to travel occasionally
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, or a degree related to the field of interest
- Five or more years of experience on a very large government software systems team
- Demonstrated experience in the successful application of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Demonstrated experience assessing the capabilities and quality of at least one very large, multi-function enterprise-wide software system
- Demonstrated success in team leadership in rapidly moving project environments
- Demonstrated experience leading a team providing software-related technical services to a wide variety of customers, on time and within budget
- Ability to assess impact of software defects on quality, cost, and schedule
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Project Manager, Laboratory, Technology, Engineering, Science
Back to top