Senior Project Leader, PWW
- Reston, VA
Requisition ID: 50241
All Locations: Reston, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) Space Threat Assessment Cell (STAC) performs long-range forecasting and intelligence integration for counterspace threats to National Security Space. Aerospace Project West Wing support includes:
- Develop and lead innovative analytic and technical methods to forecast space technologies using Aerospace technical expertise to meet the STAC mission.
- Provide ODNI/STAC with analysis and technical insight into space protection issues and threats to space systems
- Work with STAC leadership in establishing processes and procedures to optimize resources to meet mission needs and integrate into existing intelligence analytic processes
- Conduct frequent interaction and liaison with the US-government scientific and technical (S&T) community and broader space industrial base to inform analytic products
- Help coordinate technical assessments undertaken by various team members or across organizations to meet mission requirements
- A Master degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics with at least 12 years of related experience is required.
- An interest in and understanding of current and evolving space threats.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven success demonstrating personal initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, fuse, draw conclusions, and extrapolate from available information to answer both specific and general intelligence questions.
- Knowledge of the national security space environment including people, organizations, infrastructure, and capabilities.
- Experience with intelligence analysis including a demonstrated ability to analyze a wide variety of data.
- Experience interacting with senior government leaders.
- Superior written and oral communications skills along with an ability to work with other analysts, and customers in both leadership and supporting roles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office as well as the skills and willingness to learn and utilize new software as required.
- Must have or be eligible for a Top Secret clearance and SCI access (US citizenship is required.to obtain security clearance).
- Customer security requirements will require successful completion of a polygraph exam.
- Work experience within the analytic space/counterspace intelligence community
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Project Manager, Quality Assurance, Secret Clearance, Engineering, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top