Senior Project Leader, Human Space Flight Subject Matter Expert
Requisition ID: 44862
All Locations: Houston, TX (Texas); Huntsville, AL (Alabama); Kennedy Space Center, FL (Florida); Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
CSG, a division of The Aerospace Corporation, brings engineering expertise and valued capabilities to NASA. In this Sr. Project Leader role you will provide overall technical leadership for CSG support to NASA by providing engineering services in support of NASA's human space flight development and operations programs and activities. You will work collaboratively with NASA managers and staff as well as our Aerospace engineering and program development staff in establishing and executing Aerospace's role in supporting NASA's programs and projects.
There is a need for this role at multiple NASA locations: NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, NASA Glenn Research Center, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, NASA Kennedy Space Center, and NASA Johnson Space Center.
- Provide overall day-to-day technical leadership and guidance to CSG support staff in support of executing assigned NASA tasking.
- Provide technical leadership, oversight and direct support for all work and deliveries, and coordinate with subject matter experts and engineering support across an interdisciplinary and geographically distributed teams.
- Work with the NASA customer and Aerospace technical experts in formulating overall strategy, defining requirements, and evaluating capabilities, in the area of human space flight systems development and operations.
- Lead in strategic planning and establishing external strategic relationships with potential partners, customers, and collaborators.
- Apply Aerospace technical expertise in structuring support objectives, plans (scope, cost, schedule, resource) for on-going support efforts and strategic studies.
- Represent the sponsoring organization and internal meetings and externally at customer venues.
- Plan, coordinate and lead the design, development, testing and evaluation of new as well as maintain the flight hardware and software in support of human space flight operations.
- Lead integrated project teams to ensure flight readiness and provide project status presentations to various boards. Includes coordination with international partners
- Coordinate & support with Safety & Quality to review Failure Mode Effects Analysis and Critical Items Lists, Safety Analysis Reports
- Implement logistical coordination & planning for delivery of hardware for launch on space vehicles & on-orbit use
- Report to senior management project status, risks, recommendations, and forward plans
- Provide support for the technical boards and panels governing flight system design, development, test and evaluation, as well as the board support for the milestones such as Certification of Flight Readiness.
- Periodic travel within the US as well as outside the US is expected.
- Exhibit an elevated level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Broad internal recognition from peers and Aerospace program office
- Broad technical/programmatic impact inside and outside of Aerospace
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Strategic Planning, Aerospace, Quality Assurance, Laboratory, Engineering, Strategy, Aviation, Technology, Science
Back to top