Senior Project Leader, AFSPC/CV- Pentagon
Requisition ID: 41526
All Locations: Arlington, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Project Leader to provide experienced technical leadership and expertise to AFSPC/CV in the Pentagon, while simultaneously ensuring seamless coordination across Aerospace staff in in several geographic locations as part of the Corporate support to AFSPC.
- Serves as the integration leader and/or coordinator of a team of technical contributors, which may include advanced or senior level technical/project specialists. May serve as principal technical representative to customer, coordinating efforts on several smaller projects in concurrent operation or on portions of larger multi-phase/multi-disciplinary project. Identifies issues, prioritizes tasks, facilitates communications, and acts as spokesperson for the working group to management/ customers. Scopes requirements for and initiates acquisition of technical support from appropriate corporate resources including cost and economic or market analysis specialists, as appropriate. Monitors and may assist in development of budgets and other resource allocations to accomplish tasks, and may be given additional administrative coordination and management liaison responsibilities. Acts as senior mentor to team members, providing orientation, technical guidance and development insight. May participate in new business and/or technical planning efforts. May bring in tasks and projects beyond personal activities from internal and external sources.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing technical efforts across multiple locations
- Ability to successfully deal with difficult situations involving people
- Ability to define technical roles and become value added in new situations
- Experience interfacing with the most senior USAF and DoD leadership
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate efforts across diverse teams, and geographical locations
- Experience with space enterprise, architecture, and analysis / enterprise systems architecting
- Demonstrable writing and briefing development skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills across organizations and locations
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and to work complex problems without clear point solutions
- Applicable B.S/B.A. technical degree and/or 12 or more years of experience
- Current TS/SCI required
The following are value added skills/capabilities:
- Insight and ability to bring ETG expertise to varied problem sets
- Experience with strategic planning
- Experience with operational concept development
- Experience with development of space architectures and their implementation
- Experience with applying architecting and systems engineering approaches to complex strategic problems
- Experience with resource planning - planning, programming and budgeting process
- Experience with planning large scale complex enterprise architectures
- Applicable advanced degree and/or 12 or more years of experience
- Current applicable DoD SAP/SAR access a plus
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Strategic Planning, Engineering, Technology, Strategy
Back to top