Senior Project Lead To Shape The Future Of GEOINT
Requisition ID: 38941
All Locations: Springfield, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Senior Project Lead to Shape the Future of GEOINT in the GEOINT Systems Architectures and Strategy Department, National Geospatial Programs, National Intelligence Division, National Systems Group you will be responsible for shaping the future Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) architecture by providing direct support to the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), GEOINT Enterprise Office in the development of GEOINT architecture trades and analysis. Frequently teaming with intelligence community and industry partners, your primary responsibilities include leadership of modeling, simulation, future space collection architecture and Program Management technical expertise. You will also be relied upon to provide technical support and guidance on a variety of Geospatial Intelligence systems and architectures as well as to provide informed space operations, space control and space situational awareness technical advice to the GEOINT Mission Manager (Space) and the National GEOINT Officer (Space and Advanced Weapons), with occasional support to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the National Reconnaissance Office, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and the Space Security and Defense Program. This position requires co-location at a Government site in Springfield, VA and requires local travel in the Washington DC area and occasional domestic travel to meetings and workshops. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
- Organizing multi-disciplinary teams to conduct design modeling, simulation, and analyses in support of the GEOINT Enterprise Office, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- Support the Systems Director in providing technical guidance regarding the National Security Space enterprise -- issues specifically dealing with space operations, space control, and space situational awareness--in support of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA) Space Mission Manager and National Geospatial Intelligence Office (NGO) for Space and Advanced Weapons.
- Identifying, tasking and tracking Engineering Technology Group resources as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of both current and future GEOINT acquisitions including relevant advanced technology developments, tracking and reporting Aerospace contributions to both the customer and Aerospace management
- Some CONUS travel will be necessary to support prime contractor activities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from an accredited, recognized institution
- Current TS/SSBI
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Demonstrated and relevant experience in modeling and simulation, space-based phenomenologies and satellite design
- Ability to work in a Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel
- Ability to work closely with senior government management
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, written and oral communication skills
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Local travel to off-site meetings and air travel to Aerospace or Customer office locations is required
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from an accredited, recognized institution
- Demonstrated experience with the broader intelligence community, specifically with those organizations responsible for acquiring NTM satellites
- Demonstrated project management experience leading multi-disciplinary teams with a highly technical staff
- Demonstrated experience with ground and communications technology
- Working knowledge of the commercial GEOINT activities
- Working knowledge of the GEOINT enterprise including ground, air, and space
- Experience working with USSPACECOM, JSpOC, NSDC, or AFSPC
- Experience and expertise in geospatial intelligence collection systems, operations, and intelligence analysis
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: GIS, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Technology, Engineering, Government, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top