Senior Project Engineer:Architect/Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 45980
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Space-Based SSA (Space Situation Awareness) Architect/Systems Engineer will provide engineering support to the AF Special Programs Directorate (DirSP) in support of Space Situational Awareness Division (DirSP-G). Duties include systems engineering for all space optics programs, developing long term architecture and ensuring that the integration of all programs and projects are consistent with the plans. Of particular focus are, but not limited to: Space-Based Space Surveillance (SBSS) and SensorSat (ORS5) space vehicles, Silent Barker, and the Quasi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS) payload. At times, additional ground programs may include Eglin Radar, C Band Radar Australia, C Band Radar Ascension, Tactical Advanced Space Surveillance Radar (TASSR) and Deep Space Advanced Radar Concept (DARC); Space Surveillance Telescope (SST), Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEOSS) Telescope
- Evolving the strategic planning of Space Situation Awareness (SSA) architecture with the government customers in Colorado Springs and in El Segundo.
- Ensuring interfaces between inter- and intra-SY programs are clearly defined and consistent with each side's architecture data, network, interfaces, modeling, simulation, and analysis;
- developing future SSA concepts, strategies, and architectures; performing risk assessments; mission assurance; and identifying technology development as necessary.
- Briefings and strategic plans are to be developed as required, as well as mentoring customer.
- This position requires travel.
- B.S. in engineering with a minimum of twelve (12) years experience
- Experience in systems architecture, and systems engineering
- Experience working on at least one DOD space or ground program
- Experience with Optical remote sensing
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with customer and contractor personnel
- Current (background investigation less than five years old) TS and SCI clearance
- Experience in SSA concepts, strategies and architectures
- Experience with SSSD programs
- Experience with Radar-based remote sensing
- Experience in DOD acquisition experience, including RFP development and source selections.
- Familiarity with Engineering and Technology Group modeling, simulation, and analysis capabilities
- Current SY program clearance(s)
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Project Engineer, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Strategic Planning, Engineering, Strategy
Back to top