SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Technology Integration & Hardware Development
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
We have a need for a talented and enthusiastic technology integration & hardware development engineer to support the Survivability & Resilience Office within the Advanced Technology Division of the National Systems Group. As a Hardware Development Engineer, you will work as a technical authority in mission engineering and will provide technology integration and hardware acquisition support in areas ranging from mission requirements maturation, to trade studies and CONOPs development and extending through to design evaluation and ultimately to hardware build and verification assessments. The Hardware Development Engineer will play the pivotal role in providing comprehensive understanding in this mission area and will apply the resources of the Engineering Group matrix organization to provide rapid resolution of specific technical issues as well as to enhance our domain expertise in select mission areas in support of the Joint Program Office.
- Serves as a program office project engineer as well as leader/coordinator for a team including senior technical contributors from the engineering matrix organization.
- Acts as onsite domain expert and the principal representative to the customer for the project, coordinating multiple simultaneous tasks and taking responsibility for larger multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Identifies issues, prioritizes tasks, facilitates communication, and acts as a spokesperson.
- Acts as a source for and helps scope technical support activity; monitors progress and ensures delivery of high-quality products to the JPO customer.
- Acts as a mentor to other team members providing technical guidance and programmatic insight.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical sciences or mathematics
- 12 or more years of experience in progressively more responsible engineering roles
- Strong experience in systems acquisition
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform technology integration and hardware development
- A current and active TS/SCI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced degree in engineering, physical sciences or mathematics
- High level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Technical competencies in multiple domains such as MechE, EE, SE, physics.
- Multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management experience including leadership of matrixed teams
- Broad lifecycle experience to include familiarity with requirements development, design review, system integration, and test, risk assessment, failure analysis, requirements verification and validation, and enterprise test
- Working knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization and Laboratory capabilities and personnel
- Understanding of Survivability & Assurance mission and specific program requirements
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top