Senior Project Engineer - SV Electronics
Requisition ID: 43102
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Become a key contributor of a small and dynamic program office team charged with driving the fast-paced development of an innovative technology application to a critical national mission area. As the lead Electronics Engineer for this effort, you will take a lead role in oversight of all spacecraft bus and payload electronics development activities, identifying and working closely with a large engineering team to support prime and subcontractor design and build activities. This requisition is for a full-time position in the Advanced Programs Department supporting an acquisition in the NRO GEOINT directorate. The applicant must be qualified to lead a team of experts evaluating the design, integration, performance, and testing of spacecraft electronics. This position requires broad experience in digital and analog electronics.
- Perform evaluation of contractor spacecraft electrical systems and equipment designs, including requirement allocation and flow down, electrical system trade studies, application of systems engineering principles and design processes, and technical coordination among engineering disciplines
- Participate in the hardware build and test process and support testing for qualification, acceptance and requirements verification
- Align and manage engineering matrix resources to evaluate contractor designs and hardware
- Lead engineering matrix resources in the evaluation of flight and test software, plus the merged hardware-software architecture
- Evaluate performance trade-offs vs. program requirements
- Excel in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Interface with all levels of Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel
- Be self-motivated to search for and recognize technical issues and develop related solutions
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting
- Support ad hoc meetings and briefings
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, the physical sciences, or a related field with typically 12 years of experience
- Experience applying engineering skills and best practices to the resolution of complex problems in electrical and electronic systems
- Experience with electrical and electronic circuit fundamentals
- A proven ability to lead and/or contribute to the efforts of multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry and its contractors and subcontractors
- Ability to support moderate travel
- Current TS/SCI clearance with SSBI
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in engineering, the physical sciences, or a related field from a recognized institution
- At least 12 years applicable experience in spacecraft electrical systems engineering
- Working knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Matrix personnel and departments capable of supporting acquisition, integration, and test efforts
- Direct experience working with space programs in resolving problems related to electrical systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead the activities of technical staff in the evaluation of complex engineering problems
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Electrical, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top