Senior Project Engineer: Software Engineering
Requisition ID: 41463
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Sr. Project Engineer will work independently with both internal and external customers and with technical support, as a technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or project leader. May lead or organize technical efforts or project teams. Interfaces between customers and Aerospace technical and management staff. May mentor less experienced Members of Technical Staff (MTS) and serve as role model.
- Lead and support software tasks (modeling and simulation; software acquisition; software assurance; verification, validation, and accreditation) to provide software mission assurance to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Interact directly with government customers, develop task statements and work scope, assemble technical teams to perform the work, manage and participate in work execution, and integrate analytical results into high quality, unified final products
- Present study findings to the customer organization, from senior project managers and staff through agency senior leadership
- Provide independent assessments and lead studies with teams of analysts drawn from the most capable government/FFRDC/SETA/contractor sources.
- The position is located in Huntsville, Alabama
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering or science
- 12 or more years of increasing responsibility and experience in simulation, analysis, modeling systems, model-based systems engineering, algorithms, systems engineering, and/or software development
- Experience in systems engineering and leading and executing technical programmatic and architecture-level studies
- Experience recognizing and defining the customer's software problems
- Experience building and leading engineering teams to solve customer problems
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of customers and staff
- Ability to effectively lead teams in a dynamic environment where requirements and schedules change quickly
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Travel may be required to meet with staff and interact with customers
- Experience in leading teams in modeling and simulation or systems engineering
- Experience working with a geographically separated team or a matrix environment
- Familiarity with Missile Defense areas
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
Job Segment: Software Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top