Senior Project Engineer, SNL
Requisition ID: 42931
All Locations: Kirtland AFB, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidate will provide systems engineering support to the development and testing of sophisticated missile and re-entry vehicle targets. Testing involves some laboratory testing and missile launch campaigns with complex test instrumentation both on the missile/payload and via remote sensing assets. This position provides independent technical and scientific support to Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) for target and countermeasures design and testing. This position requires co-located, daily, continuous interfacing with the SNL program offices responsible for this technology development. Job duties will include directing the activities of ETG support MTS. Some travel will be required.
• Provide systems engineering processes and oversight to the development of targets / countermeasures that achieve specified performance parameters
• Develop and maintain the top-level requirements and system definition for the program, including requirements verification methods and metrics.
• Develop target/countermeasure test plans in collaboration with Program Management to provide validation of the missile defense systems and technology, including coordination of the various test assets, ranges and remote sensing systems.
• Develop appropriate interface control documentation for major system interfaces, both internal to SNL and with external agencies/organizations.
• Collaborate with SNL regarding the schedule, develop and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule for the overall program. This includes a description of each major activity of the program.
• Monitor program risks and risk mitigation activities, providing assessments and mitigation alternative recommendations to SNL.
• Analyze data from flight test experiments to validate countermeasure performance.
• Propose recommendations on courses of action based on test results.
• Degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent
• Minimum of 8 years experience in development / testing of missile or satellite payloads, missile defense systems, and/or launch / target vehicles.
• Experience or willingness to acquire knowledge in the following areas is desired: system and sensor performance modeling and simulation, atmospheric and ionospheric propagation, statistical analysis.
• Candidate must be highly motivated and able to work independently or as a team leader within a government program office environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with SNL leadership, program office and customer personnel is required.
• This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
• Candidates with Top Secret (DoD or DoE) and current SSBI are desired.
• Advanced degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent
• Familiarity in working with a matrixed engineering staff, especially within or with the Aerospace Corporation
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Back to top