Senior Project Engineer- SGAD
- Dayton, OH
Requisition ID: 51024
All Locations: Dayton, OH (Ohio)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Works independently with both internal and external customers and with technical support, as a technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or project leader. May lead or organize technical efforts or project teams. Interfaces between customers and Aerospace technical and management staff. May mentor less experienced MTS and serve as role model. The Strategic and Global Awareness Directorate of the Aerospace Corporation provides technical intelligence analysis and research to support the development test and operation of national security space and missile defense systems.
- Perform multidisciplinary scientific and technical intelligence research and analysis in support of national security space customers
- Assess the impact of current and future foreign defensive and offensive counterspace capabilities on U.S. national security architectures and systems.
- The position will include assessing functional and performance capabilities of foreign and international space systems, space access, space surveillance, space weapons, and adversarial use of space.
- Requirement to collaborate with customers to define/refine data and information requirements, collection and analysis requirements, and analytical approaches as required.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports and briefings
- Identify new areas of concern and proactively address those concerns.
- Locate, research, and analyze open source and classified data and make recommendations for future research.
- Assist in the acquisition and development of analytical tools.
- Represent Project West Wing (Strategic and Global Awareness Directorate) to customers and associates.
- Effectively coordinate and utilize distributed corporate staff expertise to meet customer requirements.
- The position supports national level space architecture, policy, technology, and international cooperation activities. Some travel is required.
- A Master's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum of at least 12 years of related experience
- An understanding of the national security space organizations and infrastructure
- An understanding of satellite operations and supporting infrastructure
- Have experience in orbital mechanics and tools for analyzing satellite orbits
- Show a proven ability to synthesize, fuse, draw conclusions, and extrapolate from available information to answer both specific and general intelligence questions
- A creative mind and an interest in problem solving are necessary
- A qualified applicant will demonstrate superior written and oral communications skills and show an ability to work with other analysts, and customers as a team player
- Should be proficient with recent versions of office publication software as well as possess the skills and willingness to help acquire, develop, and utilize new tools as required
- Must be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and have a strong demonstrated personal initiative
- Must have or be eligible for a Top Secret clearance and SCI access (Qualified candidates must have an active Secret, Top Secret, TS/SCI clearance. Obtaining a TS/SCI clearance is a must for the role)
- US citizenship is required to obtain security clearance
- Customer security requirements may require successful completion of a polygraph exam
- Work experience within the analytic space/counterspace intelligence community
- A understanding of anti-satellite weapons systems and their applications
- Prior related experience with the analytical side of the intelligence community is desired, as is a demonstrated ability to analyze a wide variety of data.
- A demonstrated interest in and understanding of the relevant satellite threat technologies and their applications is desired.
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Military Intelligence, Engineering, Government
Back to top