SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Sensor Integration Engineer
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Sensor Integration Architectures and Acquisition sub-division leads Aerospace efforts in a program office charged with evolving the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) enterprise. As a valued contributor to the National Security Space enterprise, you will help define the ground architecture for a sensor program of critical importance. By joining this team, you are putting yourself in a position to directly influence both NRO and NGA ground architectures and to be part of innovating resilient solutions that trade desires against acquisition, political, and war-fighting realities.
- Leading and assisting development and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence ground systems.
- Delivering independent and objective advice on NGA support and integration into various Intelligence Community agencies.
- Assisting and advising the development of systems engineering and integration testing expertise, analytic capability development, and geospatial-intelligence budget planning and programming.
- Delivering independent and objective reviews on ground systems architecture geospatial-intelligence actions, documents, strategies, plans, and issues.
- This position requires co-location at a Government site in Springfield, VA, local travel in the Washington DC area and occasional domestic travel to meetings and workshops.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 12 years in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Experience in systems engineering and integration testing and network architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead mixed government, SETA, and FFRDC teams in technical, architecture, strategy, and systems engineering projects and tasks.
- Expertise in the application of space-based intelligence systems in support of strategic intelligence and combat operations.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance and polygraph which is issued by the US Government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience and expertise in geospatial-intelligence collection systems, operations, and intelligence analysis.
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code.
- Familiarity with program management, DOD budget programming, requirements, and acquisition processes.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and certification as a Systems Engineering Professional.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top