SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Sensor Integration Engineer
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Sensor Integration Architectures and Acquisition sub-division leads Aerospace efforts in a program office charged with evolving the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) enterprise. As a valued contributor to the National Security Space enterprise, you will help define the ground architecture for a sensor program of critical importance. By joining this team, you are putting yourself in a position to directly influence both NRO and NGA ground architectures and to be part of innovating resilient solutions that trade desires against acquisition, political, and war-fighting realities.
- Leading and assisting development and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence ground systems.
- Delivering independent and objective advice on NGA support and integration into various Intelligence Community agencies.
- Assisting and advising the development of systems engineering and integration testing expertise, analytic capability development, and geospatial-intelligence budget planning and programming.
- Delivering independent and objective reviews on ground systems architecture geospatial-intelligence actions, documents, strategies, plans, and issues.
- This position requires co-location at a Government site in Springfield, VA, local travel in the Washington DC area and occasional domestic travel to meetings and workshops.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 12 years in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Experience in systems engineering and integration testing and network architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead mixed government, SETA, and FFRDC teams in technical, architecture, strategy, and systems engineering projects and tasks.
- Expertise in the application of space-based intelligence systems in support of strategic intelligence and combat operations.
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance which is issued by the US Government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience and expertise in geospatial-intelligence collection systems, operations, and intelligence analysis.
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code.
- Familiarity with program management, DOD budget programming, requirements, and acquisition processes.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and certification as a Systems Engineering Professional.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top