SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Resiliency Programs
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
As a Senior Systems Engineer in the Resiliency Programs Office, you will work closely with colleagues, customers, matrix engineering organizations and Aerospace laboratory resources to assure sound technical direction is being pursued in support of Resiliency Programs designed to extend space capabilities in times of conflict. The role requires an understanding of current space threat environments, an ability to assess effectiveness and risks of flight demonstrations and resilient missions and an effort to identify new space technologies with applied applications. Coordination with multiple stakeholder organizations provides opportunities for networking across a broad range of Program Offices, Aerospace technology focused organizations and government leaders in the national security space community. Join our team and help us shape the future!
- Serve as a Senior Systems Engineer assisting in the implementation of resilient space capabilities
- Coordinate with colleagues, customers, matrix engineering organizations and Aerospace laboratory resources to assure sound technical direction is being pursued in support of Resiliency Programs and associated technology development efforts
- Provide technical assessments of Program capabilities, stakeholder capabilities and associated risks associated with the customer resiliency program portfolio
- Identify and track progress and effectiveness of promising new technologies and recommend paths for technology transition in support of future resiliency programs
- Maintain networks with resiliency technology focused organizations, engineering experts, and Program Offices across the national security space community
- Brief technical initiatives and recommendations to government and Aerospace management
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple customer needs, manage complex tasks and provide high quality results in a timely fashion for program needs
- Significant experience performing technical assessments for satellite space systems throughout the program development lifecycle (concept development, technology insertion, key performance parameters, design / build and test, mission and ground operations, risk / issue and opportunities)
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science or mathematics from an accredited institution
- Ability for occasional travel within US
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Strong desire to work in dynamic environment and make significant impact to National Security Space
- Demonstrated capabilities consistent with the chief engineer or senior systems engineer on a satellite program
- Significant understanding of technology development organizations and technology transition plans
- Technical advanced degree related to technology and/or engineering
- 12 or more years of space system technology and/or satellite hardware development, integration, test and mission operations
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top