Senior Project Engineer, NOAA PWW
Requisition ID: 43630
All Locations: Springfield, VA (Virginia); Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Strategic and Global Awareness Directorate (Project West Wing) provides technical intelligence analysis and research for a broad range of national security space and intelligence community customers. The International Space Technology and Futures team works to provide unique, timely and independent assessments and counsel on the affect that current, emerging, and future technologies will have on the national security space enterprise. This position is located in the National Capital Region.
- Perform multidisciplinary scientific and technical intelligence research and analysis.
- Provide technical assessments and policy recommendations on emerging space activities including risks to national security, foreign policy implications, and threats to space situational awareness.
- Conduct trade studies and technology assessments on commercial remote sensing systems.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging global space capabilities.
- Support interagency discussions on commercial remote sensing systems and capabilities.
- Collaborate with customers to define/refine data and information requirements, collection and analysis requirements, and analytical approaches.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports and briefings.
- Locate, research, and analyze open source and classified data and make recommendations for future research.
- Represent Project West Wing to customers and associates.
- Effectively coordinate and utilize distributed corporate staff expertise to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum 12 years of related experience.
- Experience with the development and operation of remote sensing satellites.
- Knowledge of and experience with the U.S. National Security Space Community including organizations, systems, and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with U.S. commercial remote sensing systems, capabilities, policies, and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, fuse, draw conclusions, and extrapolate from available information to answer both specific and general space-related questions.
- Intellectual creativity with an interest in problem solving.
- Superior written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to work with shareholders with a variety of backgrounds including, engineers, analysts, regulators and policy makers.
- Proficiency with recent versions of Microsoft Office as well as the willingness to utilize new tools as required.
- Must be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and have a strong demonstrated personal initiative.
- Must have or be eligible for a Top Secret clearance and SCI access.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain security clearance.
- Security requirements may require successful completion of a polygraph exam.
- Work Location is a customer facility in the National Capital Region.
- An advanced degree is desired in Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Aviation, Science
Back to top