Senior Project Engineer, NNSA
Requisition ID: 32766
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide customer oriented support through a geographically distributed Aerospace team currently located in Albuquerque NM, Washington DC, Minneapolis MN and El Segundo CA.
• Work with customers at the NNSA ADA level, and with the NNSA national laboratories and production sites within the nuclear weapons complex.
• Assist in the development and execution of strategic plans to provide added value to the NNSA through the application of specialized knowledge in technology transfer programs and individual subject matter expertise in intellectual property and licensing.
• Coordinate subject-matter expertise from within Aerospace to aid in implementation of a technology transfer infrastructure.
• Represent the Aerospace Corporation to customers at all working and management levels.
• A minimum twelve years of relevant technical, managerial, and technology transfer experience.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or equivalent technical field.
• Demonstrated ability to foster inventor and industry relationships.
• Experience with international intellectual property and contract laws.
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated and directed manner with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues, in a customer field-office environment, is required.
• Current Secret clearance and be eligible for TS and Q clearance.
• Some travel is required.
• Advanced degrees in engineering, technology licensing and/or intellectual property law.
• Demonstrated experience managing large, diverse intellectual property pipelines.
• Experience in:
- commercializing intellectual property through licensing.
- creating IP management programs for strategic business development.
- making comprehensive business cases to form joint ventures or start-ups
- negotiating within diverse business cultures
- managing the life-cycle of complex technology transactions from disclosure to closure
• Direct experience with international intellectual property and contract laws
• Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) skills and capabilities is highly desirable.
• Ability to direct and coordinate work tasks and information with staff at remote locations is highly desired.
• Knowledge of the nuclear weapons complex, the NNSA and its defense and nonproliferation programs is highly desired.
• Familiarity with the National laboratories and the relationship to the NNSA is highly desired.
• Currently hold a Top Secret and Q clearance.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Military Intelligence, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top