Senior Project Engineer, NNSA Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Albuquerque, NM
Requisition ID: 52401
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The primary focus of this position is to provide senior scientific, technological, and systems engineering support for execution and growth of Aerospace corporate impact on the NNSA Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN) program. This portfolio of program activities is building upon Aerospace historical contributions to national technical means and extending those capabilities into the national and international nuclear nonproliferation arena, as appropriate. Emphasis is on supporting development and execution of
collaborative projects to assure mission success through application of best-practices scientific and engineering systems expertise and methods, with participants including researchers from throughout the Aerospace Corporation, U.S. national laboratories, universities, and, as applicable, international institutions.
- Provide support to NNSA principal and systems directors in the development and application of Aerospace programs supporting the Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN) program by developing and utilizing scientific, technological, and engineering expertise and support capabilities of the Aerospace Corporation.
- Work with customers at the NNSA national laboratories and nuclear weapons complex production sites, as well as other government stakeholders and participants such as the DoD (SMC, AFSPC, STRATCOM, AFTAC) and MSTS at the Nevada National Security Site.
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to provide added value to the NNSA through the application of expert scientific, engineering, and analytical capabilities, subject matter expertise and programmatic knowledge.
- Act as a senior technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or team leader for coordinating expertise from within Aerospace and associate contractors to aid in resolution of technical problems during program development and execution processes. Assist in leading technical teams, assure quality work execution, and ensure quality and completeness of products.
- Represent the Aerospace Corporation to customers at all working and management levels.
- A minimum twelve years of relevant technical, managerial, and technology transfer experience.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or equivalent technical field.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills including delegation to engineering and technology support groups, formulating and executing program and project plans, effectively communicating vision, strategy and tactics to technical teams, and of effective interactions with customers.
- Demonstrated technical credibility across a broad array of scientific and engineering systems topics, and a deep understanding of complex systems science and engineering.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated and directed manner with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues, in a customer field-office environment, is required.
- Current Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI and Q clearance.
- Some travel is required
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or equivalent technical field is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) skills and capabilities is desirable.
- Ability to direct and coordinate work tasks and information with staff at remote locations is highly desired.
- Familiarity with the National laboratories and the relationship to the NNSA and DoD organizations is highly desired.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Defense, Project Engineer, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Security Clearance, Government, Engineering
Back to top