Senior Project Engineer- NNSA
Requisition ID: 43846
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership in the definition and implementation planning for deploying Mission Assurance practices within the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) enterprise through the application of proven scientific, engineering, quality, and program management principles toward the goal of achieving mission success.
• Utilize a general systems engineering framework that uses risk management and independent assessment as cornerstones.
• Support the NNSA weapons Life Extension Programs (LEPs); through system engineering and integration (SE&I) expertise.
• Plan and execute systems studies and analyses that support technical, programmatic and organizational decision-making on a variety of projects.
• Develop and execute studies such as systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, organizational effectiveness studies, and risk assessments.
• Work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in all relevant areas to best support the NNSA.
• Directly interact with the customer in the role of technical advisor, providing overall leadership responsibility in study planning, execution, review, and product delivery.
• Function as an individual contributor on task execution and integration of technical analyses into high quality, unified final products.
• Represent the Aerospace Corporation to customers at all levels, from working staff to administrators within their parent organizations.
• The customer for this position is the NNSA Office of Systems Engineering and Integration.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or related field of study.
• Twelve years or more of experience in mission assurance related activities; the application of system engineering, risk management, quality, and management principles to achieve success of a design, development, testing, deployment, and operations process, and identifying and mitigating design, production, test, and field support deficiencies that threaten mission success.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated and self-directed manner.
• Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills in tasks such as formulating enterprise level plans, executing and leading studies, and utilizing internal technology competency organizations.
• Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery, as evidenced through examples of recent integrated work products.
• Must have a current Top Secret clearance.
• Some travel is required.
• An advanced degree in engineering, science, or related field of study.
• A formal degree or certification in systems engineering and/or project management.
• Experience in systems engineering, program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, documentation repositories, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses.
• Experience interacting with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues.
• Experience in the analysis of complex technical, programmatic, and management environments at a high programmatic level.
• Experience in working assignments that are inherently ambiguous; e.g., not fully defined, lack complete information, poorly stated goals or ill-defined objectives.
• Knowledge of NNSA missions.
• Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) skills and capabilities.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top