Senior Project Engineer, NNSA
Requisition ID: 37022
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary focus of this position is the performance of systems engineering and integration (SE&I) activities for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) in support of space based instrument development and testing, payload integration, ground system interface, and program assessment functions for the United States Nuclear Detonation Detection System (USNDS).
In support of this charter, the selected candidate will plan and execute studies and analysis in support of technical and organizational decision-making on programs and projects. Duties will include the development, evaluation and execution of systems engineering and mission assurance processes and practices, enterprise-level and organizational effectiveness assessments, systems architecture studies, analysis of alternatives (AoA) studies, technology planning and evaluation, and technical and programmatic risk assessments.
The successful candidate will:
• Work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Corporation's analytical capabilities in all relevant areas in support of NNSA.
• Serve as on-site independent resource to NNSA for technical, systems, and integration-level insight across all USNDS mission elements and will provide independent system, programmatic and technical monitoring of the program baseline.
• Support program and technical reviews.
• Coordinate subject-matter expertise from within Aerospace to aid in resolution of technical problems associated with sensor development, design, manufacture, test, integration and balance of operational life.
• Conduct evaluations of system performance, alternatives analyses, and independent technical and programmatic studies.
• Represent the Corporation to customers at all levels within their respective organization.
• Interact directly with customers and maintain overall leadership responsibility in study planning, execution, review, and product delivery.
• A minimum of twelve years of systems engineering and program execution experience in highly complex or nuclear systems, technology investments, and system monitoring, with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated skills in a technical environment including formulating task plans, executing and leading studies, and utilizing an internal engineering and technology competency group is required.
• Demonstrated project and program management skills including execution, analysis and product development capabilities, as evidenced through examples of technically complex products.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication, excellent interpersonal, organizational and team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and/or lead teams across multiple organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues is required.
• Technical expertise in satellite sensor hardware and software systems with an understanding of the physical processes and engineering principles necessary to generate, propagate, gather, process and display signals originating from terrestrial, atmospheric and space based events.
• Previous space flight project experience, particularly in the area of satellite payload design, development, testing, fabrication, integration and fielding.
• Evidence of success working in a team environment with the NNSA, government laboratories, DoD, Aerospace corporation and commercial contractor personnel to design, fabricate, test, deliver and integrate satellite payloads that can be demonstrated to meet all system requirements.
• Currently hold or are qualified for TS with CNWDI and SCI clearances.
• Willingness to engage in travel as required.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top