Senior Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 40791
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Project Engineer - Enterprise Architecture Decision Aiding Analysis: Developmental Planning and Projects (DPP) supports SMC/AD in execution of their role as the AFSPC space system architect. Aerospace supports SMC directed implementation of the Space Warfighting Construct (SWC) though enterprise architecting, developmental planning, concept development, tradespace analysis, and technology validation and integration. This position will provide technical leadership of utility analysis of innovative and creative options for modernization of national security space capability and the associated transition planning.
The Senior Project Engineer will act as technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or team leader. May lead or organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff. Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines. Key technical duties include:
- Develop/evaluate metrics to quantify the resilience of current and future SMC systems, missions and architectures
- Perform threat vulnerability assessments
- Improve the modeling of space systems in mission and campaign level models
- Analyze utility of prototypes to increase the resilience of SMC systems
- Provide analytics in support of the acquisition and implementation of new BMC2 capabilities for the future agile space warfighting force
- Develop/improve classified processing capability to perform analytic assessments
- A bachelor's degree in science, math or engineering
- 12 years + relevant progressive work experience in early milestone system, mission and enterprise architecting, development planning and demonstration and validation
- Broad familiarity with Air Force Space Command organizations, missions, architectures and systems
- 5 years + progressive experience space system modeling, simulation and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Ability to build and/or maintain substantive rapport with Aerospace peers and government customers
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes utilizing objective facts
- Excellent written communication skills - can organize complex materials and concepts in a manner that is clear and logical
- Excellent verbal communication skills - clear, concise, persuasive; builds consensus through speaking; polished, professional style
- Some travel is required
- Eligible for a Top Secret clearance and SCI access
- An advanced degree in computer science, cyber security, electrical engineering, or a related field
- An excellent personal technical reputation and a record of personal technical achievement in Development Planning, Architecting, or Demonstration and Validation
- Experience with Space Warfighting Construct and military utility analysis
- The ability to work independently in designing and crafting analysis study plans
- Experience with the SEAS agent-based simulation
- Experience with Space Control, Missile Warning/Defense, MilSatcom and PNT mission areas
- Ability to organize and execute high quality, substantive events including technical forums, major studies and executive presentations
- Technical depth in multiple space mission areas
- Familiarity with Aerospace Federal Government and Civil/Commercial customers
- Current TS/SCI and eligibility for SAP
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Electrical, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top