Senior Project Engineer, CSG Commercial Programs- Business Development
Requisition ID: 43039
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation, a world leader in space-related science and technology and the only Federally Funded Research and Development Center dedicated to the United States Space Enterprise, is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to support Business Development in the Civil Systems Group Commercial Program Office as a customer support account representative. The mission of the Commercial Programs Office is to facilitate commercial access to Aerospace's unique technology characterization, test facilities, and physical science laboratories, which comprise over 80 specialized laboratories used to research, test, analyze, and troubleshoot virtually every aspect of rocket and satellite system design, development, construction, deployment, and operation, including basic materials science, propulsion science, materials processing, optical communications, applications of atomic physics (atomic clocks, quantum communications, and computing), space particles and fields, ionospheric and thermospheric physics, remote sensing, space instrumentation and testing, the effects of radiation, plasma, and the elements of the atmosphere and ionosphere on these technologies.
- Establish and develop relationships with commercial aerospace companies
- Become the voice of the customer to the community of Aerospace capability owners and serve as the primary interface to Aerospace contracts, legal, pricing, and proposal review teams.
- Assist management in the evaluation, pursuit and capture of new commercial opportunities consistent with Aerospace policies/practices, goals, and business development objectives.
- Create and develop multiple, concurrent pursuits of opportunities through a structured pursuit and proposal development process.
- Review, update and maintain capture and proposal pipeline databases on a regular basis.
- Increase awareness of Aerospace's unique capabilities at conferences and aerospace industry events
- Work closely with Aerospace capability owners to align opportunities with corporate and customer strategic technical needs.
- Report and track: (1) performance against goals; (2) resource expenditure actuals vs. plan; (3) qualified opportunity pipeline and use of bid and proposal funding
- Participate in budget planning and allocation of resources for expanding the Aerospace non-DoD portfolio
- Report organization's activities, progress and achievements through written and oral reports to management and customers.
- 12 years of progressively responsible experience and direct hands-on experience in commercial business development, customer support account management and program management roles from within a commercial company working with commercial clients or commercial contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering or equivalent is required. An advanced degree in an engineering discipline and/or in business administration is highly preferred.
- Strong track record of business-to-business sales and business development experience, at a corporate level.
- Demonstrated experience in customer engagement, developing and executing business account and capture plans, and developing capture white papers and briefings. for commercial work, in the aerospace sector.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders from industry, academia, and government agencies
- Experience-based knowledge of space-related science and technology.
- Experience managing business development capture and bid & proposal budgets, allocations and reporting.
- Experience using enterprise class Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software with accountability for performance metrics.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and corporate staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and performance monitoring experience.
- Team focused, with the ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance
- Ability and availability for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to operate in Microsoft Office 365 and use associated programs, including SharePoint.
- MS, MA, MBA, PhD in a scientific or engineering related field
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- Familiarity with FFRDCs for developing and capturing federally funded science, technology and engineering systems opportunities.
- PMP certification or significant demonstrated organizational and project management/leadership skills with the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Current TS/SCI
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Construction, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top