SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Agile Software Development and Acquisition
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Software Systems Engineer with mission experience for an opportunity to lead support to Agile Development Acquisitions in the Integrated Intelligence Program Office. The Sr. Software Engineer will serve as a technical advisor to the US Government formulating, evaluating and overseeing acquisition strategies to achieve architectural vision and technical objectives in alignment with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) managed Enterprise solutions'- and capabilities'- driven timelines. The Sr. Software Engineer will apply systems and software engineering expertise to ensure enterprise requirements, CONOPS and architectural models are accurately derived, allocated and applied to development efforts, promoting use of leading-edge technology, shared services and platform efficiencies. The Sr. Software Engineer will possess expertise in acquisition of complex software systems and frameworks developed and managed using Agile methodologies, from pre-acquisition planning through source selection, award, and change management activities.
- Apply systems engineering, agile software development best practices, and data-centric principles to acquire, develop and deploy cloud-based software applications and services
- Participate in acquisition and development lifecycle activities, milestones and associated agile ceremonies to help prioritize need and achieve best-value solutions from industry.
- Provide acquisition contract language and fee structure recommendations, and evaluate proposals/basis of estimates to ensure government priorities/objectives are achieved
- Review contract deliverables and provide technical advice to program office teams throughout acquisition and software lifecycles.
- Participate in solution, capability and program management activities, including budget planning and programming
- Assess DevOps and DevSecOps practices and pipeline outcomes to identify opportunities, gaps and mitigation strategies, and guide software design / architecture recommendations
- Monitor the consistency of programs' requirements and interfaces with respect to overall enterprise integration goals and recommend remediations where disconnects are found
- Ensure the program office and developer teams fully exploit the capabilities of commercial cloud environments and Government provided shared software services offerings
Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Science, Software or Systems Engineering, or a related STEM field
Twelve or more years of relevant experience
Experience in the development of complex, software systems from inception through design, development, integration, testing, and deployment
Expertise in systems engineering, including requirements flow-down, CONOPs and architecture development and software design analysis
Experience in Agile software development and management framework methodologies
Experience with cloud technologies and solutions
Experience in one or more modern software programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C, Python)
Ability to travel occasionally for work assignments
Current and active TS/SCI security clearance
This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Advanced degree in Computer or Information Science, Software or Systems Engineering, or a related STEM field
Expertise in government acquisition processes and acquisition of software systems, including development of acquisition strategies and plans, and budget planning and programming
Experience in SAFe for Government Practitioner (SGP), Scrum, Kanban, Security+, or AWS Solution Architect Certification
Expertise in cloud-based technologies (AWS and/or Azure), architectures, platform and framework service enablers and hosted application deployment
Experience applying MBSE tools and techniques to capture system functions, services, interfaces, requirements to support system design using a modern systems modeling language
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top