Senior Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 42101
All Locations: Hill AFB, UT (Utah)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Acts as senior technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or team leader. May lead or organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff. Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines. Mentors less experienced MTS and serves as role model.
- May undertake a major program segment such as system-level architectural analysis, conceptual design of a new vehicle or major payload. May be required to investigate urgent technical problems or assemble a major briefing or report. As Aerospace representative in customer or contractor's environment, provides nondirective advice, accepts action items and may coordinate pertinent budgets, tasks, and priorities. In systems engineering assignments, generally leads/coordinates team comprised of diversely skilled engineers servicing a major portion of a large project or working across projects, and interfaces regularly with customer and contractor program management.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Widely recognized internally and externally by peers, management, program office, Air Force, and contractors
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Project Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Government
Back to top