Senior Optical Communications Engineer
Requisition ID: 40233
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
In this role as an optical communications engineer, you will provide leadership in the definition, design, development and evaluation of advanced optical communication (lasercom) systems. Your systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and/or hardware efforts will impact cutting-edge space and ground lasercom systems.
- This position requires the selected candidate to lead and/or perform analysis, modeling and/or hardware testbed development related to optical communications.
- The candidate will lead the definition and implementation of research projects.
- The selected candidate will interface with Aerospace internal and external customers, and external contractors.
- It is important that the candidate document work products in technical reports and/or briefings to customers and colleagues.
- We are looking for the demonstrated ability to lead multi-discipline teams in the design and development of optical comm systems.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited university.
- 15+ years of experience since obtaining a bachelor's degree.
- Experience with fiber/commercial telecom or free space optical comm.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance with an SSBI, issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Current and active Top Secret clearance with SSBI.
- RF Communication experience and optical communication experience
- Experience with military communication systems
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Full Scope Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Optics Engineering, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top