Senior Network Systems Architect
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52961
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Network Systems Department (NSD) is seeking an innovative network/computing systems architect with a strong background in networking and virtualization architecture/design. You will be leading and supporting the development of future network concepts, architectures, requirements, prototyping, and technology demonstrations. A qualified candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of the latest networking and enterprise computing technologies; ability to integrate application components and databases across computing platforms; ability to develop new concepts and solve toughest problems for our customers; and provide network systems engineering leadership to program office.
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary engineering teams in the development and analysis of future network architectures and requirements
- Lead development and implementation of advanced network protocols, routing, and QoS algorithms and architectures
- Lead in various systems engineering tasks and projects through systems architecture definition, development, analysis, modeling & simulation, and prototype development/validation
- Evaluate and develop multiple access communications or engineering technologies
- Analyze and simulate complex network architectures and protocols
- Provide independent technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff
- Coordinate tasks and participate in technical meetings for SMC, NRO, and Civil & Commercial customers working closely with members of a diverse team comprising military officers and Government civilians, prime contractors, SE&I contractors and other FFRDCs
- Lead specialized technical studies and internal research and development (R&D) projects to develop the next generation of Space and Ground network concepts, architectures, and technologies
- Support sustainment and development of core network simulation, emulation, and modeling capabilities
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another related discipline
- Minimum 12 years of experience in progressively more responsible roles
- Experience with and a strong understanding of physical/MAC layers and satellite networks
- Experience in network design, analysis, and modeling & simulation
- Strong understanding of network layers, protocols, and routing algorithms
- Experience with using IP routing protocols, including TCP/IP, IPsec, and IPv4/6
- Experience in Python, Matlab, and C/C++
- Experience in virtualization and enterprise computing platforms
- Familiar with the latest networking/computing trends and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, effective communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with military and commercial satellite communication systems and network engineering
- Experience with inter-satellite cross-links and laser optical communication technologies
- Project development experience and demonstrated the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Active DoD SECRET clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Network, Engineer, Electrical, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Back to top