Senior Mission Assurance Engineer
Requisition ID: 40110
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide on-site technical leadership in support of the customer's Systems Engineering Directorate's Mission Assurance Executive (MAE). This organization addresses the criticality of Mission Success as the principal objective of all that is done in order to attain an enhanced quality-based culture with a focus on Mission Assurance. The MAE values include forward-leaning and dynamic enterprise-level systems engineering support to both ground and space programs and develops both effective and innovative approaches to assist programs with viable solutions through the development of policies, processes, standards, and tools in conjunction with checks and balances utilizing independent means and methods.
- Provide technical leadership for the development and sustainment of the customer's mission assurance ground and space standards baseline including frequent interaction with subject matter expertise.
- Perform critical analyses to ensure best-in-class specifications and standards are selected and available for programs including analyses of relevance and currency.
- Augment the MAE team through performance of multi-disciplined engineering analyses including consideration of non-traditional sources for enterprise-level as well as program specific solutions
- Evaluate potential impacts from findings within relevant scope of a problem and formulate recommendations for the customer.
- Provide technical and management support of multi-organizational teams performing engineering studies.
- Perform stakeholder responsibilities through participation with the Corporation's Specification and Standards Community of Practice.
- Participate in community fora to support customer awareness and involvement in peer efforts to achieve solutions or advancements against critical technical challenges.
- Perform necessary research to sustain advanced knowledge and awareness of the mission assurance discipline and offer well-founded advice for the customer's technical challenges.
- Perform assessments to identify improvements to mission assurance standards and practices.
- Develop briefings and other program description documentation as required.
- Manage and participate in engineering projects involving new space-related technologies.
Travel will be required. This position is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Bachelor's degree in ngineering, sciences, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Current TS/SSBI clearance
- This position requires the ability to have an maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Experience with acquisition, testing, or engineering analysis of space and/or ground systems.
- Experience working with specifications and standards.
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks and adapt to customer's evolving needs.
- Ability to lead and work in an integrated program office environment with Government, SETA, and FFRDCs.
- Ability to manage projects, personnel, and schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced degree in engineering, sciences, mathematics, or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group capabilities.
- Project or program management experience.
- Experience in interfacing with SMC, NASA, MDA, and/or DLA Land and Maritime (formerly Defense Supply Center Columbus).
- Experience with space-related mission assurance specifications and standards.
- Experience working with non-traditional stakeholders such as counterintelligence, contracts, inspectors, etc.
- Direct experience with senior military or government customers in a Special Program Office (SPO).
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Military Intelligence, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top