Senior Integration & Test Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 50825
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Integration & Test Engineer to support Survivability & Resilience within Advanced Technology Division. As a Sr. I&T Engineer you will work as a technical authority in Mission System Engineering and would act as a thought leader, innovator, and mission advocate to guide acquisition support, and/or in Mission Assurance. The Sr. I&T Engineer will provide deep program office understanding of specific technical issues and lead Aerospace Mission Assurance support to ensure understanding and bring forward technical solutions in support of the Joint Program Office.
- Serves as a program office project engineer and leader/coordinator for a team including senior technical contributors.
- Acts as the principal representative to the customer for the project, coordinating multiple simultaneous tasks and taking responsibility for larger multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Identifies issues, prioritizes tasks, facilitates communication, and acts as a spokesperson.
- Acts as a source for and helps scope technical support activity; monitors progress and reporting to the customer.
- Acts as a senior mentor to other team members providing technical guidance and programmatic insight.
- Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics, or engineering
- 12 or more years of experience in progressively more responsible engineering roles
- Strong experience in major systems acquisition
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform the mission system engineering/integration and/or mission assurance role
- A current and active TS/SCI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced degree in Science, mathematics, or engineering
- Exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Widely recognized depth in multiple core technical competencies
- Multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management experience including team leadership
- Skilled in Acquisition strategy. Able to help the customer navigate acquisition processes including milestone decision authority and oversight
- Broad lifecycle experience to include familiarity with requirements development, design review, system integration, and test, risk assessment, failure analysis, requirements verification and validation, and enterprise test
- Prior experience in assembly and test, test instrumentation, data analysis methods, use of ground support equipment, and knowledge of industry best practices
- Working knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization and Laboratory capabilities and personnel
- Understanding of Survivability & Assurance mission and specific program requirements
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Test Engineer, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Science
Back to top