Senior GEOINT Engineering Leader
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 51081
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for a Senior GEOINT Engineer to lead the efforts of a program office charged with evolving the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) enterprise by helping shape the future of all GEOINT intelligence and as a valued contributor to the National Security Space enterprise defining the delivery of GEOINT data to the user community. This position is uniquely positioned to support the NGA office of GEOINT Enterprise and Chief Information Officer in executing geospatial intelligence and overseeing the National System for Geospatial (NSG) intelligence. By joining this team, you are putting yourself in a position to directly influence both how NGA executes its daily mission and to be part of innovating resilient solutions that trade desires against acquisition, political, and war-fighting realities with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Assisting and advising the development of systems engineering expertise, analytic capability
- Leading and assisting multi-disciplinary teams to develop solutions and drive delivery of GEOINT data
- Leading the development, GIS software and analytic systems
- Delivering independent and objective advice on NGA future architectures
- Identifying, tasking and tracking Engineering Technology Group resources in support of multiple deliveries (requirement documentation (SOC) analysis, enterprise trade-space analysis, GIS solutions) to the government customer
- Identify and develop opportunities for Aerospace to insert innovative solutions to user needs
- Maintain a working knowledge of both current and future GEOINT acquisitions including relevant advanced technology developments, tracking and reporting Aerospace contributions to both the customer and Aerospace management
- This position requires co-location at a Government site in Springfield, VA, local travel in the Washington DC area and occasional domestic travel to meetings and workshops
- Cooperate and communicate frequently with FFRDC, SETA, mid-level, and senior government officials to coordinate and report progress, issues, and results.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 12 years of experience
- Experience in GIS Systems, systems engineering and technical assessments
- Experience with GEOINT architectures and GEOINT analytics
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel
- Familiarity with IC program management, budget programming, requirements, and acquisition processes
- Current TS/SSBI with active SCI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced degree in engineering or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- In-depth knowledge of GIS systems including GEOINT data and ground systems
- Experience with National Security collection capabilities and programs for both current and future overhead architectures.
- Program Office experience working directly with contractors and government customers.
- Experience working within the intelligence community and advising senior officials.
- Ability to organize, assemble and teams from Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization and potentially other program offices in response to customer requirements.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, GIS, Security Clearance, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top