Senior FPGA Design Engineer
Requisition ID: 40662
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace's Cyber Acquisition and Validation Department is seeking Sr. FPGA Design Engineer to join their team within the Cyber Security Subdivision. This Subdivision provides expertise in policy, assessment, integration, research, and technology to address cyber threats through cyber security techniques, threat and vulnerability assessments, active countermeasures, and cyber resiliency
- Design and develop algorithms for signal and image processing on FPGAs.
- Analyze contractor designs and advise program office personnel on cyber vulnerabilities and design risks.
- Perform research and development in the field of cyber security and software/firmware design.
- Perform software and firmware cyber assurance.
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent and eight years of professional experience required.
- The selected candidate must have a Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Eight or more years experience with FPGA design and test.
- Experience in the application of Xilinx FPGAs.
- Development experience with VHDL.
- Demonstrated ability to interact well and provide technical support in multi-program, multi-agency environments with government program office personnel, engineering support and prime contractors.
- Demonstrated experience in generating high quality work products including whitepapers and PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the ability to speak authoritatively when appropriate and to support assertions with data and experience.
- Moderate travel is required.
- An advanced technical degree is preferred.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Software or firmware assurance is preferred.
- Experience with systems engineering disciplines including system architecture, requirements engineering, verification, test, and risk management and/or knowledge of information assurance, cybersecurity and communications security practices is preferred.
- Experience with space systems and missions is preferred.
- Experience with the development of SATCOM systems preferred.
- Experience in design and test with space qualified FPGA parts is preferred.
- Additional experience in the application of Microsemi FPGAs is preferred.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Firmware, Design Engineer, Database, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top