Senior FPA Payload Engineering Leader
Requisition ID: 40742
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Space Vehicle Department supports the design and acquisition of a complex national security space electro-optical system. We are looking for a Senior FPA Payload Engineering Leader to support the manufacture, integration, test, and anomaly resolution for this high priority space system.
- Lead and coordinate Aerospace activities across a broad spectrum of technical areas involved in the manufacture, integration, and test of a national security space electro-optical payload and associated sub-systems, including focal plane arrays utilized in national security space electro-optical payloads
- Lead teams to conduct failure reviews, support environmental testing, support requirements sell-off, and perform anomaly resolution support for an electro-optical payload and associated sub-systems
- Select and guide engineering matrix resources to address these tasks and provide independent verification and validation efforts by leveraging personal knowledge and through supporting subject matter experts
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Current and active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience,
- Experience with spacecraft assembly, test, and launch operations, as well as space vehicle anomaly resolution.
- Knowledge of focal plane arrays utilized in space electro-optical payloads
- Effective systems engineering and analysis skills to identify problems, develop solutions and assess risk.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate the activities of teams of technical staff in the development and independent verification and validation of complex space systems hardware
- Must show initiative and leadership and require minimal management oversight.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with contractor personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to other Aerospace and contractor facilities through CONUS will be required.
- Advanced degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field
- Extensive experience supporting the acquisition, manufacturing, documenting, and testing of national security space electro-optical payload sub-systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design, manufacture, test and integration of focal plane arrays utilized in space electro-optical payloads
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top