Senior Enterprise Network Architect
Requisition ID: 45572
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Responsible for architecting and implementing the enterprise LAN, WAN and Data Center network infrastructure in an all Cisco environment. The Aerospace Corporation's enterprise networks span 24 sites with primary locations in El Segundo, CA; Chantilly, VA; and Colorado Springs, CO. You will lead a team of highly skilled network engineers, firewall engineers, and network services engineers in support of the corporate classified and unclassified networks. Collaborates with external DoD IT organizations and commercial IT organizations to provide secure connectivity in support of our users and customers. Designs and implements secure, reliable links to cloud providers such as AWS Gov Cloud and Azure Gov Cloud.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity, and Objectivity.
- Designs and implements high availability enterprise WAN links utilizing SDWAN technology (Cisco IWAN, Cisco ISR Routers, Cisco ASA Firewalls) and dual WAN links (MPLS & Internet).
- Designs and implements high availability campus network infrastructure based on Cisco Catalyst switch technology.
- Designs and implements high availability, scalable data center networks based on Cisco Nexus switches.
- Develops secure network segments using Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Firepower Firewalls and other Cisco Network Security products.
- Configures and implements Cisco Stealthwatch Services
- Performs setup, configuration and tests of each design in our Development lab located in El Segundo.
- Coordinates with network staff on implementation tasks and schedule, meeting any specific deadlines as needed.
- Interfaces with user community to understand their internal and external connectivity needs and works to develop design, implementation costs and annual operations costs.
- Helps to develop Network Services Department fiscal year budget requests for capital, overhead and maintenance.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of extensive experience with all aspects of an enterprise CONUS network.
- Extensive experience with firewall theory and configuration.
- Experience working with WAN Carriers and ISPs.
- Extensive experience with Cisco ASR Routers, ISR Routers, and Cisco IWAN technology
- Extensive experience with Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls
- Extensive experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center switches
- Experience with Cisco DNA
- DoD 8570.1 - Comp TIA Security+ or CISSP
- This position requires a TS/ SCI or the ability to obtain one. This is iussed by the US government and US citizenship is required.
- 15 or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Cisco CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure or CCIE Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNP Enterprise
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Network, Security Clearance, Cisco, Developer, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top