Senior Electro-Optical Payload Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 45742
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for a Senior Electro-Optical Payload Systems Engineer to apply technical insight and vision to translate national security mission objectives into realizable hardware developments for multiple space payload subsystems acquisitions in a government program office environment.
- Guidance of program execution for multiple concept and hardware developments.
- Daily shoulder-to-shoulder interaction with some of America's most talented engineers, scientists and leaders in Government, FFRDC, Contractor and SETA organizations.
- Leadership of geographically-scattered subject matter expert support teams to develop mission payload concepts and assess & mitigate risk through analysis and test.
- Translation of mission objectives into verifiable requirements for space payload hardware.
- Optimization of the design, development, manufacture and verification of space sensor payloads.
- Identification and management of risk and development of innovative risk mitigations.
This opportunity involves regular travel to other Aerospace sites and industrial partners across the USA.
Position is based in Chantilly, VA
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, science or similar technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Active TS/SSBI/SCI
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in two or more of the following:
- mission requirements decomposition,
- concept development,
- design, manufacture,
- integration & test and verification of hardware subsystems.
- Excited to work independently as well as with a peer group and as a team leader.
- Adept at the production and presentation of information products to customers, peers and/or senior management personnel.
- Excellent communications skills.
- This position requires the ability to maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, science or similar technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Current or prior program office or program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in an Integrated Product Team environment.
- A working understanding of space-based electro-optical imaging missions and phenomenologies
- A working understanding of the engineering and management disciplines associated with hardware, firmware and software development.
- Subsystem hardware development and test experience for space vehicle applications
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Optics Engineering, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Firmware, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top