Senior Director of Construction and Facilities Operations
Requisition ID: 47685
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Facilities Principal Director, under the leadership of the General Manager Facilities Division, will be instrumental in ensuring the successful execution of the directorate's mission: to plan, organize, and direct the maintenance, repair, sustainment, and stewardship of The Aerospace Corporation's facilities portfolio. Working with the different corporate divisions, senior corporate executives, and senior customer representatives, the Facilities Principal Director will be responsible for developing and leading facility operations strategy while adhering to corporate policies, practices, customer agreements, federal, state, and local regulations. The ideal candidate will be need to be focused on leading and developing a dynamic team, optimizing systems and operations as well as implementing long-range maintenance plans and installing key foundational technologies. The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a seasoned and savvy leader able to operate at multiple levels, brings in forward-thinking operations and engineering expertise, and whose demonstrated behavior is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
• Manage, identify, hire, develop, coach, and recognize staff. This includes talent assessment, needs analysis and development.
• Client and leadership engagement, coordination, and presentations, including requirements gathering, expense, and capital prioritization, communicating vision and long term strategies, and how immediate projects and 'asks' support long term goals and objectives.
• Develop long term strategic plans to support reliable operations and adequate capacity of Facility and Critical Utility Systems, ensuring alignment with the Corporate Strategic Plan Imperatives and Initiatives.
• Incorporate best practice tools and processes which build near and long term operational and lifecycle maintenance strategies that anticipate needs, prioritize and maximize investment dollars and drive the best possible operational performance.
• Create performance reporting tools to track metrics and evaluate key performance indicators that indicate how initiatives are delivering against anticipated benefits.
• Monitors customer regulations, federal, state and local laws and ordinances and determines the impact on the corporation; develops or adjusts internal operating practices accordingly.
• Identifies energy management strategies that reduce costs, improve operational effectiveness and reduce environmental impacts.
• Prepares facilities requirements for developing capital and overhead budgets.
• Oversees all contracted design and construction activities.
• Leads the development of Corporate Master Facilities Plan
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or related Facilities Management field.
• Typically, requires15 or more years of experience leading and managing complex facility operations and engineering solutions, and the internal and external team's that deliver them in a relevant industry.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain security clearance with the ability to obtain up to a TS/ SSBI level clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
• Proven leadership and management skills to challenge the status quo, introduce new and better ways of delivering results, make difficult decisions and lead through change.
• Licensed professional engineer or architect
• Technical understanding in managing mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems along with general maintenance of facilities and grounds.
• Knowledge of Principles of Environmental Stewardship, including energy and water use, recycling, air quality, etc.
• Knowledge of Facilities Best Practices, Standards and Methodologies.
• Ability to establish and maintain highly effective internal and external working relationships.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize multiple competing requirements.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Master's degree or advanced industry certifications desirable.
• Ability to obtain an SCI clearance.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Facilities, Construction, Electrical, Operations, Engineering
Back to top