Senior Digital Communication and Signal Processing Engineer
Requisition ID: 40881
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software define radio and FPGA technology to design digital transceivers. We conduct our own research and development and in this position, you can have the opportunity to innovate in algorithm design. Join us on the leading edge of digital communications development. This position requires the selected candidate to be able to fully design digital communication transceivers using platforms including software defined radios and FPGAs.
- The selected candidate will conduct specialized technical studies, lead internal research and development efforts.
- The candidate should be able to provide technical advice to management and customers and be eager to explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem-solving.
- For this senior position, we expect the chosen candidate to provide recognized depth and technical leadership in at least one area of engineering or science expertise.
- The candidate must also be able to lead and mentor some of our junior staff and be a true force multiplier.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the industry.
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in prototyping of digital communication systems and/or algorithms.
- Hands-on experience implementing communication algorithms using embedded software, multi-threaded programming, DSP, FPGA, SDRs.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python and MATLAB.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Theoretical understanding and practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Ph.D degree in the area of digital communications, information theory or signal processing.
- Familiarity with designing software defined radio receivers and libraries such as GNU Radio.
- Experience working with Linux, and development on a Linux platform.
- Experience with embedded development and/or familiarity with ARM processors.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Current and active SSBI.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Embedded, Engineering, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top