Senior Cyber Engineer
Requisition ID: 36761
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); Columbia, MD (Maryland); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking for a Senior Cyber Engineer within our Cyber Security Subdivsion. The Cyber Security Subdivision provides expertise in policy, assessment, integration, research, and technology to address cyber threats through cyber security techniques, threat and vulnerability assessments, active countermeasures, and cyber resiliency.
This position can be located in El Segundo-CA, Columbia-MD or Chantilly-VA.
- Perform research in the areas of cyber and network security
- Advise various Air Force and NRO programs on RMF
- Work with customers to understand and implement security controls
- Develop SW for various platforms including embedded systems
- Understand and mitigate the security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW designs
- Support multiple space systems customers
This position can be filled at a grade 2 or grade 3:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Eight years of related experience to be considered for Level 2
- Twelve years of related experience to be considered for Level 3
- Proficiency in multiple software languages
- Ability to design and implement algorithms
- Experience working with the RMF
- Experience implementing security controls
- Experience with embedded systems
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience with commercial tools such as Splunk
- Experience securing high level complex systems such as data centers
- Experience with embedded design and implementation
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Embedded, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Aerospace, Technology, Engineering, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top