Senior Cost Analysis Engineer
Requisition ID: 46975
All Locations: McLean, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Summary of Responsibilities
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Senior Cost Analysis Engineer (SCA) to advise the customer in systems engineering applied to national security space and related ground systems. In this position the SCA will enable the government customer to understand the appropriate cost, schedule, and performance trades in the planning and development of major system acquisition programs. The SCA will also advise the customer regarding IT services at the enterprise architecture level, applying systems engineering principles to enable the government customer to understand appropriate cost, schedule and performance trades to oversee the planning and provision of such services.
- Work directly with senior government customers (General/Flag Officer equivalent and below) in a staff role, preparing team products and responding to dynamic changes in tasking as needed
- Develop briefings and other analytic products (e.g. technical assessments of space and ground system efforts and alternatives; assessments and recommendations of courses of action for effective oversight of major system acquisition in regards to high level requirements and cost, to be briefed at the highest levels of the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Provide full-time technical support to the Director of Systems and Resource Analyses (SRA) and Director of Cost and Requirements Analyses (SRA/CRA) informing systems, resource and cost & requirements of major programs
- Advise the customer on best application of complex data analytics to inform the above analyses
- Facilitate research into advanced space and ground system cost methodology, and apply expertise in data analytics to enable advanced analysis of system development schedules, costs and risks
- Support outreach activities such as conferences and cost Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and providing related briefing material and/or background information; and support cost and research reviews with subject matter expertise (SMEs) to support any of SRA's analytic products or studies
- Brief and interact with senior government customers on a frequent and regular basis
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Operations Research/Systems Analysis, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible experience in relevant area
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a dynamic senior government staff setting
- Extensive systems engineering experience in major space or ground system development projects within the Defense Department or the Intelligence Community
- Excellence in communication skills (written/verbal)
- Current and Active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Operations Research/Systems Analysis, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of cost estimating of major systems within the Defense Department or Intelligence Community
- Demonstrated experience in architecting or assessing enterprise IT services
- Demonstrated knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the ODNI organization, DoD space-related organizations, NRO, and IC analytic production organizations
- Strong organization and project management skills, with proven collaboration, and leadership skills
- Broad familiarity with the IC Capability Requirements processes related to National Security Space and related Ground systems
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Science, Aviation
Back to top