Senior Communications Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 53465
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Provide technical leadership, engineering support, and staff development to the Communication Systems Engineering Department (CSED) within the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division (CTED). CSED provides support to federal and commercial customers in the areas of design, modeling & simulation, and performance analysis and evaluation of communication systems.
- Leading or participating in projects involving:
- Digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms
- Software-based communication system simulations
- Space and terrestrial communication system architectures and tradeoff analysis
- Communications link performance analysis evaluation
- Hardware/payload design and evaluation
- Provide project leadership across multiple disciplines, contractors and customers
- Mentor junior engineers
- Develop future projects and manage resources
- Degree from an accredited university in engineering or science (preferalbly electrical engineering).
- Twelve or more years of relevant experience in the design, modeling, & simulation and performance analysis of communication systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and mentor more junior staff.
- Demonstrated communication skills: The ability to present and communicate project results through briefings and technical reports, and to successfully interact with customers, contractor personnel, company management and subject-matter experts is essential.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience designing, simulating, and analyzing communication systems in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital communication waveforms, including modulation, multiple access, coding, and interleavers
- Digital signal processing algorithms
- Signal acquisition and tracking algorithms
- Algorithms related to signal separation, beamforming, or geolocation
- RF interference analysis and/or anti-jam/mitigation techniques
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in engineering or science (preferably MS or PhD in electrical engineering).
- Experience collaborating with and leading multi-disciplinary teams that include Aerospace, government and industry representatives in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of:
- Space and terrestrial communication system architectures and tradeoff analyses
- Link performance and channel modeling
- Communications-related hardware, including antennas, RF electronics, filters, and baseband electronics
- Communication algorithms and systems in hardware implementation
- Hardware equipment operation
- Enterprise level satellite communications risk reduction testing, developmental testing and/or operational testing
- Systems engineering or with engineering development and Request for Proposal (RFP) / system acquisition documentation development and review
- Machine learning and applications to solve communication problems
- A current and active Secret government clearance with ability to obtain up to SSBI.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top