Senior Communications Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Provide technical leadership, engineering support, and staff development to the Communication Systems Engineering Department (CSED) within the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division (CTED). CSED provides support to federal and commercial customers in the areas of design, modeling & simulation, and performance analysis and evaluation of communication systems.
- Leading or participating in projects involving:
- Digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms
- Software-based communication system simulations
- Space and terrestrial communication system architectures and tradeoff analysis
- Communications link performance analysis evaluation
- Hardware/payload design and evaluation
- Provide project leadership across multiple disciplines, contractors and customers
- Mentor junior engineers
- Develop future projects and manage resources
- Degree from an accredited university in engineering or science (preferalbly electrical engineering).
- Twelve or more years of relevant experience in the design, modeling, & simulation and performance analysis of communication systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and mentor more junior staff.
- Demonstrated communication skills: The ability to present and communicate project results through briefings and technical reports, and to successfully interact with customers, contractor personnel, company management and subject-matter experts is essential.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience designing, simulating, and analyzing communication systems in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital communication waveforms, including modulation, multiple access, coding, and interleavers
- Digital signal processing algorithms
- Signal acquisition and tracking algorithms
- Algorithms related to signal separation, beamforming, or geolocation
- RF interference analysis and/or anti-jam/mitigation techniques
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in engineering or science (preferably MS or PhD in electrical engineering).
- Experience collaborating with and leading multi-disciplinary teams that include Aerospace, government and industry representatives in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of:
- Space and terrestrial communication system architectures and tradeoff analyses
- Link performance and channel modeling
- Communications-related hardware, including antennas, RF electronics, filters, and baseband electronics
- Communication algorithms and systems in hardware implementation
- Hardware equipment operation
- Enterprise level satellite communications risk reduction testing, developmental testing and/or operational testing
- Systems engineering or with engineering development and Request for Proposal (RFP) / system acquisition documentation development and review
- Machine learning and applications to solve communication problems
- A current and active Secret government clearance with ability to obtain up to SSBI.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top