Senior Communications Strategist
- Crystal City, VA
Requisition ID: 56404
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation believes in providing meaningful communications to our employees and the customers we serve. We are looking for the right person to join our team as a Senior Communications Strategist. This position, located in our Crystal City office, will play a vital role in supporting our Civil Systems Group with communications strategy, as well as marketing communications development and implementation. The Senior Communications Strategist will also lead the company's communications planning around the value of our FFRDC work.
• Works with senior leaders and policy experts to develop consistent messaging; maintains a detailed knowledge of relevant subject matter.
• Applies expert-level knowledge of strategy, content development, information design, tactics, and measurement to develop and implement multifaceted strategic communications plans.
• Defines goals and objectives; tailors communications approaches to desired outcomes; determines measures of success; monitors and reports on results.
• Proactively advises senior leaders on appropriate tactics and backs up recommendations with data on state-of-the-art best practices; educates decision-makers on current industry research for external engagement and thought leadership.
• Leads teams to develop messaging plans for a variety of audiences and channels. Works both hands-on and as a team coordinator.
• Applies experience in high-volume, fast-paced environments to develop and implement process improvements to accommodate an increasing volume of products and pace of development.
• Develops metrics and measurement tools to ensure that communications are reaching the intended audiences.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field and 15 or more years of experience in a corporate or government environment.
• Requires strong project management skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Requires experience and the application of concepts and practices in communications, public relations, marketing, and journalism as well as experience with a wide variety of channels (print, web, broadcast, social media, etc.)
• Requires a familiarity with civil and commercial space, government, and/or military communities
• Requires a familiarity with the value that FFRDCs bring to customers and potential customers
• Requires ability to travel and work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends on short notice.
• Candidate will demonstrate an energetic style; a consistently professional demeanor; and a high level of emotional maturity. Must be strategic, positive, assertive/aggressive, agile/flexible, deadline-oriented and a team player with experience in fast-paced technical environments.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities, work independently, and prioritize effectively.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Strategist, Laboratory, Aerospace, Secret Clearance, Project Manager, Strategy, Science, Aviation, Government, Technology
Back to top