Senior Communication Systems Engineering Leader
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 47103
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Special Projects Directorate is looking for a self-motivated leader to help develop advanced communication and signal processing solutions for elite government missions. Specialized capability is needed to support critical mission areas across multiple government customers, with satellite and wireless communication architectures, technology, and prototypes playing a significant role. As a Senior Communication Systems Engineering Leader, you will lead multiple new projects in development of communication solutions to integrate into the customers' portfolio. The position provides the opportunity for networking with government leaders, contractors and SETA support across intelligence community (IC). These high-profile programs are essential to meeting IC operational mission needs.
- Preform technical leadership for communication system design and development
- Utilize the Aerospace Engineering Matrix Support organization to assess technical requirements
- Provide briefings to the customer and management
- Support customer activities including technical reviews and key community engagements associated with architecture designs.
- Provide critical guidance to the government customers in a range of technical areas including modeling communication channels and signal processing (audio, video, and signals intelligence)
- Manage new hardware/software prototype development and overall technology development efforts
- Provide regular communications with management and customer regarding program status and technology risk areas
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science or mathematics from a recognized institution
- 12 or more years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
- Working experience with communication system architecture analysis to include protocols, RF transmit and receive chains, and signal processing
- Direct experience with communication system design, development, integration, and test
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability for occasional travel
- Current and active TS/SCI and polygraph
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- An advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or computer science with experience in communication systems and signal processing
- Experience working with research activities to include RF and signal processing analysis and systems development
- Expertise in leading projects with a mix of program office and subject matter expertise.
- Experience with leading projects related to advanced communication concepts
- Prior experience in design, development and deployment of communication systems for government missions
- Prior experience in communication system modeling and simulation, technical assessments, analysis of capability and design, hardware and software development, and system prototyping
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top