Senior Communication Architectures Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 49348
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Communication Architectures Department performs trade studies, analyses, and simulations to optimize the overall communications performance of satellite, launch vehicle, and ground-based systems. We define, develop, and analyze robust communications architectures and develop communications analysis tools and prototypes of communications architectures. Our multidisciplinary staff defines the architectures to ensure cutting edge, state of the art high-performance communications and coordinates the activities of related engineering specialties to ensure mission objectives are achieved. We are seeking a Senior Communication Architectures Engineer who will provide technical analyses and technical leadership for the activities listed.
- Assess the performance of communications satellite and ground systems, communications links and wireless networks
- Evaluate the performance of satellite and ground systems, communications links, signal processing algorithms, and wireless network protocols
- Provide technical analysis and develop simulation tools to develop requirements for the next generation of communications architectures
- Analyze and simulate complex communications, signal-processing, or networking systems
- Provide continued technical consultation to management and customers for comm architecture topics
- Interface with program offices, define tasks and schedules, and work independently to ensure customer satisfaction
- Act as Communications Architectures Department's technical representative at technical meetings, presentations, and symposia
- Travel to customer facilities
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in communication systems, architectures, and networks
- Demonstrated ability to optimize architectures based on analysis, system design, coding, modulation, network, and spectrum utilization parameters
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance (US citizenship required)
- Ability to travel
- Master's Degree or PhD in electrical engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of wireless communications (4G, 5G LTE)
- Working knowledge of interoperability and standards, protocols and infrastructures; wireless communications and network design; and spectrum considerations
- Demonstrated acquisitions and systems engineering expertise in the development and evaluation of communication architectures, requirements, SOWs, and requirements verification for programs across SMC and NRO programs
- Knowledge of commercial satellite systems
- Active SCI Clearance
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top